With so many web hosting services available, it’s easy to get confused. To keep things simple, we focus our reviews on the most important features of the top hosting services and what they mean for you. Here’s our Media Temple hosting review.
Media Temple’s Managed WordPress has the following plans and each one offers unlimited data transfers.
- Personal: up to 250,000 visitors monthly, 50GB SSD storage, two websites
- Pro: 500,000 monthly visitors, 200GB SSD storage, 10 sites
- Elite: 2,000,000 monthly visitors, 500GB SSD storage, 50 sites
- Extended: 5,000,000 monthly visitors, 1TB SSD storage, 100 sites
Media Temple also offers two types of VPS hosting:
- Command Line VPS: includes instant scaling, full root access and choice of the OS (CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu). The command line interface is for advanced users.
- Control panel VPS: automatic backups, performance and security scans, your choice of control panel (WHM, cPanel or Onyx). This is for beginners and intermediate level users.
Both command line and control panel have several service plans. Media Temple also offers separate hosting solutions for shared and cloud hosting.
Performance and Usability
Uptime is one of the best in the industry regardless which plan you choose. It is not only fast but reliable, which is critical if you’re using your website for e-commerce. The GPU specs provided for each plan can withstand high traffic, and you have full SSH access. FTP security is airtight too.
Its website builder is feature-packed but intuitive. All the themes are mobile-ready and designed by professionals. All themes have HTML 5 codes built in, and you also get page data, meta and other SEO tools for full optimization.
The monthly fee you pay for includes cloud hosting, and their proprietary CDN network ensures rapid load times. The website builder interface isn’t fancy, but it gets the job done, and there’s customer support available if you need help.
Websites today need social media integration to flourish, which is why sharing features for Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and other social networks are available. It’s also easy to upload images you took and create an online gallery.
Are you a recording artist? The builder allows you to link to LastFM, Facebook events and draw albums and tracks off SoundCloud. Media Temple also makes it easy to integrate with OpenTable, and with its contact and menu pages, simplify setup of an online restaurant booking service.
Your website is hosted on SSD rather than the typical hard disk, and what that means is failure rate is extremely low. Add its full support for WordPress and you have a complete package.
- Excellent uptime
- Handles traffic upsurge very well
- Seamless integration with WordPress
- Responsive and dependable customer support
- No reselling
- Superior security support
- Site migration is not free
- One-click install apps are limited
Media Temple has a few shortcomings, but it’s hard to find a hosting service that offers lots of options. There are a lot of competing webs hosting providers, but Media Temple more than holds its own.
Visit MediaTemple by Cliking Here