KnownHost promises reliable hosting VPS services and an equally reliable uptime. Of course, they are not the first nor the last to make this kind of offer, so what exactly sets it apart from other hosting providers? Find out in this KnownHost hosting review.
KnownHost offers 7 VPN plans. Each plan includes an unlimited number of domains and two IP addresses. All disk spaces provided have RAID and RAM is guaranteed. Differences are as follows:
- VPN 1: 768 MB RAM, 3TB bandwidth and 25 GB storage
- VPN 2: 2 GB RAM, 6TB bandwidth and 75 GB storage
- VPN 3: 2.75 GB RAM, 8TB bandwidth and 80 GB storage
- VPN 4: 3.5 GB RAM, 10TB bandwidth and 100 GB storage
- VPN 5: 4.5 GB RAM, 12TB bandwidth and 120 GB storage
- VPN 6: 6 GB RAM, 14TB bandwidth and 150 GB storage
- VPN 7: 7.5 GB RAM, 16TB bandwidth and 175 GB storage
KnownHost also offers 4 dedicated server plans. All plans offer up to 40 IP addresses.
- KH-DS1: 16GB RAM, i7-4470 (4×3.4GHz 8MB) processor, 10TB bandwidth and 750GB storage
- KH-DS2: 16GB RAM, Xeon E3-1270v2 (4×3.4GHz 8MB) processor, 15TB bandwidth, 1TB storage
- KH-DS3: 24GB RAM, Dual Xeon E5-2430v2 processor, 20TB and 1TB storage
- KH-DS4: 32GB RAM, Dual Xeon 35-2620v3 processor, 25TB bandwidth and 120GB SSD storage
KnownHost offers a 30 day money back guarantee. If you’re not happy with their service, you get a refund. Software and hardware add-ons are also available for a fee.
Performance and Usability
The 99.9% uptime guarantee is as good as advertised, and scaling is easy. If you require extra resources, it will be provided without any downtime. Scaling up or down doesn’t require database or file migration. You don’t have to change settings either as KnownHost takes care of the process.
Performance is solid, and this is possible because the VPS nodes are set in separate containers with their own CPU, disk space and memory. Apart from optimum performance, you also can choose from two control panels, DirectAdmin or cPanel/WHM. If you’re more comfortable with the command line, that’s possible too.
All the VPS used by KnownHost have RAID for high performance and redundancy. If you opt for the VPS with control panel, you will get customer support 24/7365 days a year. VPS branding is allowed and all your data can be backed up.
Do you have a website on another provider? KnownHost will handle the migration, and there is DDOS protection for all plans. Each VPS plan also comes with root access, SSH, private name servers and free VPS migration.
- 99.9% uptime
- Easy to setup
- Backups and migration are free
- 24/7 customer support
- Lots of plans to choose from
- Plans may be too much for small business owners
- A few customers have complained of slow support response
KnownHost is not without problems, but their VPS hosting plans are among the most competitive we have seen. If you’re not satisfied with your current provider and need better specs, KnownHost is worth looking into.